For a swift and stress-free visa application
Once you have gained a place on a course, you’ll need to ensure you can study there, which means applying for a visa. We can help you with this often complicated process, and ensure that you have all the required documentation.
We recommend investigating each country’s visa requirements when deciding where to study, in case there are any restrictions that apply to your country. Your consultant here at Alma Matters can advise on whether you need a visa or not.
- Letter of admission – a letter from your university or college stating that you have been accepted as a student, showing details of your accommodation and tuition.
- Proof of funds – you will need a letter from your bank proving that you have a certain amount of money which you will have to support yourself in the destination country. The minimum amount varies with country, but may well be thousands of dollars.
- Fingerprints – your biometric information must be registered at your local consulate
- Passport – you will need to send your passport as part of your application, but it will be returned to you.
- Passport quality photos - like with passport photos, a recent and unobstructed view of your face must be provided.
Guidance from start to finish
You must apply for your visa within a certain time frame, in order to avoid any complications. We will advise you when to apply, and guide you through the process to ensure it is stress-free.
Will I be Interviewed?
Some countries will require you to attend an interview in order to secure a visa. You will be asked questions about your reasons for studying abroad, future plans, living arrangements and financial situation, amongst other things.
Some people may find this intimidating, but we can assure you that it is just a formality. Nevertheless, it helps to be prepared, and our professional consultants can brief you on questions you are likely to hear, and how to best answer them.